About Ashtanga Yoga Workshop
Ashtanga yoga is the oldest dynamic form of Yoga and basis for the development of now days popular dynamic Yoga styles. It is based on the performance of the traditional sequence of postures (asanas) which are interconnected, while paying special attention to breathing (ujjayi breathing), focus of vision (drishti), and interior "energy valves" (bandhas). The roots of Ashtanga Yoga can be found in the traditional texts (Yoga Sutras of Patanjali).
Ashtanga Yoga integrates the rhythm of movements and awareness of breathing, and the focus of vision while performing asanas. The synchronisation of movements, breathing and vision during asanas performance is of the utmost importance. Movements in sync with breathing are called vinyasas.
During this workshop we will explore and practice Ujjayi breathing and getting deeper understanding of Moola Bandha and Uddiyana Bandha energetics locks that are helping us to control and preserve energy in the body.
Duration : 1 day
Location : At Our Shala
- Ashtanga Yoga promotes conscious breathing as the core of the process, and connects asanas in a precise sequence.
- Every asana (or a group of asanas) has a specific impact on our body as a counterbalance to the previous asanas, and as a preparation for the following asanas.
- To accumulate positive effects, protect and balance the body, it is important to follow the sequence.
- To cultivate loving kindness we will finish the day with Metta meditation
- Delicious home made lunch and beverages
- Yoga Mat and Block
- Face Towel
- Free flow fresh water
- Shower Room
This workshop can be attended by beginners or advance practitioner
- 11:00 - 11:30 Meditation and Pranayama
- 11:30 - 01:30 Led Primary Series
- 01:30 - 02:30 Lunch break
- 02:30 - 04:30 Breath and Bandha Lab
- 04:30 - 05:00 Metta meditation